OfferUp is dedicated to making the local buying and selling experience enjoyable. Please follow the guidelines below when posting items.
To allow buyers to get a true feel for items they’re considering, please:
- Always include an image of the item. Posts with no image, including those with a photo containing only text, aren’t allowed.
- Make sure the first image in a multi-photo post is an original image of the item for sale and not a stock or catalog photo.
Multiple posts for one item can be confusing to buyers and difficult to manage for sellers. Please limit unique posts to a single account and category.
OfferUp is a local marketplace. Please post only in your geographic area so buyers can arrange to meet you for local pickup or delivery.
Titles & Descriptions
Titles and descriptions should give buyers a clear, honest, and accurate description so they can best determine whether the item might be what they’re looking for. Please:
- Don’t add keywords or price points intended to manipulate search results.
- Don't link to websites or post URLs.
- Don't provide personal information, such as a phone number or email address.
- Don't solicit risky payment methods such as Western Union or Moneygram.
Messaging & Communication
OfferUp messaging lets you communicate with others without sharing personal information or leaving the app. Remember, use of in-app messaging to circumvent Prohibited Items or Posting Rules isn’t allowed.
Most items are allowed on OfferUp, and we love to see all the fun and interesting things people post for sale. However, there are a few items we don’t allow. Some may present legal issues or be dangerous, while others may be offensive or not in line with the spirit of our community.
To help keep our community strong, please don't post items from our Prohibited Items Guidelines.
Help Keep Our Community Strong
If you notice posts that don’t meet these guidelines, please report them to us for investigation. For more information, see Reporting/Blocking Users and Items.